Asclepius Wellness Private Limited Model Code of Conduct for Direct Selling Agents
CODE OF CONDUCT
Model Code of Conduct for the Direct Selling Agents (ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER s) is a non-statutory code issued by Asclepius Wellness Private Limited (Hereinafter referred to Asclepius Wellness) a Leading Direct Selling Entity in India for adoption and implementation by Direct Selling Agents (Hereinafter referred to DS/Asclepius Direct Seller/ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER /ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER s) while operating as Agents of Asclepius Wellness Private Limited.
These codes of conduct shall in addition to the Asclepius Direct Seller Agreement with the Asclepius Wellness . Further, The Asclepius Direct Seller, shall be abide with the agreement of Direct selling and its terms & conditions.
Our Code of Conduct is the first step for our Asclepius Asclepius Direct Sellers to get clarity on any questions relating to ethical conduct. It sets forth our core values, shared responsibilities, global commitments, and promises, and general guidance about the Asclepius Wellness ’s expectations. However, our Code cannot possibly address every situation we face at work. Therefore, the Code is by no means a substitute for our good and unbiased judgment. We must remember that each of us is responsible for our own actions. The ethical choice is always the best choice.
To work effectively, all of us need a healthy and safe work environment. We provide a work environment free of coercion, discrimination, and harassment. Therefore, respect, inclusiveness and shared ethical values are at the heart of our core values. Irrespective of one’s department and rank, he/she should conform with our equal opportunity policy in all aspects of the work, from recruitment and performance evaluation to interpersonal relations. Need for Social Media Guidelines Given its characteristics to potentially give “voice to all”, immediate outreach and 24*7 engagement, Social Media offers a unique opportunity to governments to engage with their stakeholders especially citizens in real time to make policy making citizen centric.
Many governments across the world as well many government agencies in India are using various social media platforms to reach out to citizens, businesses and experts to seek inputs into policy making, get feedback on service delivery, create community based programmes etc. However, many apprehensions remain including, but not limited to issues related to authorisation to speak on behalf of department/agency, technologies and platform to be used for communication, scope of engagement, creating synergies between different channels of communication, compliance with existing legislations etc.
We comply with all laws, whether local, national or regional. All our Asclepius Direct Seller and those acting on our behalf must protect the Asclepius Wellness ’s legality. They should comply with all environmental, safety and fair dealing laws. Violations of law can result in significant harm to the Asclepius Wellness , including financial penalties, denial of government contracting privileges, imprisonment for criminal misconduct and damage to our business relationships and reputation. People associated with us are expected to be ethical and responsible when dealing with our Asclepius Wellness ’s finances, products, partnerships, and public image.
ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER CODE OF CONDUCT
Representation of Asclepius Direct Seller
- All direct selling should be legal, decent, honest and truthful.
- Every direct selling activity should be carried out with a due sense of social and professional responsibility.
- No direct selling should be carried out such as to impair confidence in direct selling.
- All direct selling activities should conform to the principles of fair competition as generally accepted in business.
Conduct towards consumers
Impartiality by the Asclepius Direct Seller
- All direct selling activities should deal fairly with consumers.
- Activities should be designed and carried out to avoid giving ground for reasonable complaint.
- Misleading, deceptive or unfair sales practices should not be used.
- High-pressure tactics which might be construed as harassment should be avoided.
- No direct selling should be represented to the consumer as being a form of market research.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should not abuse the trust of individual consumers, and should not exploit a consumer’s age, illness, lack of understanding, or lack of language knowledge.
Privacy confidentiality and disclosure
- Any contact should be made in a reasonable manner and during reasonable hours to avoid intrusiveness.
- Where a consumer has in a clearly visible and unequivocal way (e.g. by "no selling" on a door sign) indicated a wish not to receive approaches from Asclepius Direct Sellers this should be respected.
- Asclepius Direct Seller should discontinue a demonstration or sales presentation upon the request of the consumer.
- Any collection and processing of data should be carried out in strict and confidential manner.
- At the beginning of the sales presentation, Asclepius Direct Sellers should without request truthfully identify themselves to the consumer, and should also identify their Asclepius Wellness , their products and the purpose of their solicitation.
- In party selling, Asclepius Direct Sellers should make clear the purpose of the occasion to the host/hostess and to the participants.
- Promotional literature, advertisements or mailings should contain the name and address or telephone number of the Asclepius Direct Seller.(Promotional material should be approved by the Asclepius Wellness )
- The terms of the offer should be clear, so that the consumer may know the exact nature of what is being offered and the commitment involved in the placing of an order.
- Presentations and other treatments used in direct selling should not contain any product description, claim, illustration or other element which directly or by implication is likely to mislead the consumer.
Explanation and demonstration
- Explanation and demonstration of the product offered should be accurate and complete, in particular with regard to price and, if applicable, credit conditions, terms of payment, cooling-off periods and/or return rights, terms of guarantee, after-sales service and delivery. All the communication should be in consonance of the Asclepius Wellness ’s Policy.
- The Asclepius Direct Seller should endeavour to make sure that the individual consumer clearly understands the information given.
- The demonstration of the product should be adapted to the needs of those consumers to whom it is directed.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should give accurate and understandable answers to all questions from consumers concerning the product and the offer.
- The consumer should be given an opportunity to read the entire contract form thoughtfully and without harassment.
- A written order form should be delivered to the consumer at the time of sale, which should identify the direct selling Asclepius Wellness and the Asclepius Direct Seller and which should contain the full name, permanent address and telephone number of the direct selling Asclepius Wellness or of the Asclepius Direct Seller and all material terms of the sale.
- All terms should be clearly legible.
Comparisons, denigration and exploitation of goodwill
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should refrain from using comparisons which are likely to mislead and which are incompatible with principles of fair competition.
- Points of comparison should not be unfairly selected and should be based on facts which can be substantiated.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should not denigrate any person, firm or product directly or by implication. Direct selling companies and Asclepius Direct Sellers should not take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of another firm or product.
- The presentation of the offer should not contain or refer to any testimonial, endorsement or supportive documentation unless it is genuine, verifiable and relevant.
- Testimonials or endorsements which have become obsolete or misleading through the passage of time should not be used.
- Asclepius Direct Seller should not state or imply that a “guarantee”, “warranty” or other expression having substantially the same meaning, offers the consumer rights additional to those provided by law when it does not.
- The terms of any guarantee or warranty, including the name and address of the guarantor, should be easily available to the consumer and limitations on consumer rights or remedies, where permitted by law, should be clear and conspicuous.
Safety and Packaging
- Products, including, where applicable, samples, should be suitably packaged for delivery to the customer.
Fulfilment of the order
- Orders should be fulfilled within 30 days from the date the order is signed by the consumer, unless otherwise stipulated in the offer.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should inform the consumer of any undue delay as soon as it becomes known to them.
- In such cases, any request for cancellation of the order by the consumer should be granted, and the deposit, if any, should be refunded immediately.
- If it is not possible to prevent delivery, cancellation and refunding may be made conditional on the customer’s returning of the product at the Asclepius Direct Seller’s cost within a reasonable amount of time.
Substitution of products
- If a product becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the control of the direct selling Asclepius Wellness or Asclepius Direct Seller, another product may be supplied in its place only if the consumer is informed that it is a substitution, and if such replacement product has materially the same or better characteristics and qualities, and is supplied at the same or a lower price.
- In such a case, an explanation of the substitution and of the right to return the substitute product at the Asclepius Direct Seller's cost should be given to the consumer.
Cooling off and return of goods
- Asclepius Wellness and Asclepius Direct Sellers ensure that any order form contains, whether it is a legal requirement or not, a cooling-off clause permitting the consumer to withdraw from the order within a specified period of time, and to obtain reimbursement of any payment or goods traded in as per the terms of the agreement of the Asclepius Wellness .
- Asclepius Wellness offering an unconditional right of return as per the terms of the Direct selling agreement.
- Every complaint whether from public, Consumer, Asclepius Direct Seller shall be resolved in manner of the process specified through the Consumer redressal Committee.
- For making complaint , the helpline Number and email ID and complaint box is available on the website of the Asclepius Wellness .
- The policy and process of grievance redressal is efficient and fair to the consumer and others.
- The receipt of any complaint shall be provided and be confirmed promptly.
- The decisions made shall be communicated to the complainant within a reasonable time.
The procedure for payment shall be in accordance to the terms of the Direct selling Agreement.
Code of Conduct for in the interest of consumer Protection
- Asclepius Direct Sellers shall not unfairly denigrate any Asclepius Wellness , business or Product, directly or by implication.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers shall not take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of another Asclepius Wellness , business or product.
Code of conduct for social media Marketing
These Rules apply to Asclepius Direct Sellers using social media sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Whats app, Telegram, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat as well as online communities such as blogs.
The Rules are That “Self Regularisation”
Asclepius Wellness motto in concerning the Internet and social media marketing and advertising is that “Self Regularisation”
- Direct seller shall fully follow the Rule “Self Regularisation” in sales, promotion and marketing.
- Asclepius Direct Seller should avoid unethical and misleading in the business of Internet selling and advertising.
- Asclepius Direct Seller must follow when selling or marketing on the net as below-
- All forms of advertising material must share the common goal of maintaining truth and should be a means to serve the public
- They should maintain a clear distinction between corporate communications, press releases, sales collateral and advertisements
- A publisher must disclose every condition upfront and clearly, as the asterisks (*) and fine print at the end of the document can sometimes go unnoticed by the consumer
- If there are cookies being used to track and detect a user’s settings, personal record and online activity, then this must be clearly stated before the user begins browsing your site
- The placement of ads should in no way obstruct the user view, neither should they be disguised as editorial content
- Finally, whether you are selling on the online platforms or offline, advertisers must abide by the federal, state and local advertising laws.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers need to know and adhere to the Asclepius Wellness ’s Code of Conduct, Direct Seller Handbook, and other Asclepius Wellness policies when using social media.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should be aware of the effect their actions may have on their images, as well as Asclepius Wellness ’s image. The information that Asclepius Direct Sellers post or publish may be public information for a long time on social media.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers should be aware that Asclepius Wellness may observe content and information made available by Asclepius Direct Sellers through social media. Asclepius Direct Sellers should use their best judgment in posting material that is neither inappropriate nor harmful to Asclepius Wellness , its Direct Sellers, or customers.
- Although not an exclusive list, some specific examples of prohibited social media conduct include posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, libelous, or that can create a hostile work environment.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers are not to publish, post or release any information that is considered confidential or not public. If there are questions about what is considered confidential, Asclepius Direct Sellers should check with the Human Resources Department and/or supervisor.
- Social media networks, blogs and other types of online content sometimes generate press and media attention or legal questions. Asclepius Direct Sellers should refer these inquiries to authorized Asclepius Wellness spokespersons.
- If Asclepius Direct Sellers find encounter a situation while using social media that threatens to become antagonistic, Asclepius Direct Sellers should disengage from the dialogue in a polite manner and seek the advice of a supervisor.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers may post advertising materials on private property with the prior written consent of the owner.
(To document consent, Asclepius Direct Sellers may take permission from Asclepius Wellness through the Email/ letter/personally)
- Asclepius Direct Sellers may not post advertising materials on public property, such as utility poles, street lights, traffic lights, parking meters or traffic signs.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers are responsible for all Asclepius Wellness -related content they post online. Asclepius Direct Sellers using social media sites as part of their Asclepius Wellness business must clearly and conspicuously identify themselves by name and as an Independent Asclepius Wellness Direct Sellers
- Asclepius Direct Sellers shall not purchase Followers or Likes , or use any other misleading or deceptive tactics to boost the perceived popularity of their social media accounts or pages.
- Asclepius Direct Sellers may post audio/video material on YouTube and similar social media sites, provided the content complies with the Rules.
- Direct seller should not respond to those who place negative posts about them, other direct seller or Asclepius Wellness’s products, negative posts may be reported by email.
- Data mining and website scraping tactics (including but not limited to the use of web spiders, crawlers, and bots) are considered deceptive and are prohibited.
- That in the name of Asclepius Wellness Private Limited, the Direct seller not create any you tube channel, Blogs, twitter account, facebook or any other social media platform.
- The Direct seller shall not do the following activities without the prior consent of the Asclepius Wellness -
That the Direct seller shall produce/market/distribute only Asclepius Wellness’ authentic Business/commission Plan, opportunity, products or services and they would be truthful, accurate, and not misleading.
That the Direct seller shall use language specifically approved by Asclepius Wellness and may not be altered in regard to the Business/commission Plan, opportunity, products or services contents.
That the Direct seller shall not use non-Asclepius Wellness business dedicated properties to promote, recommend or sell Asclepius Wellness products or services, or promote the Asclepius Wellness opportunity.
That the Direct seller shall not be engaged in the false or misleading communication against the Asclepius Wellness during the period of Direct seller or after ceasing Direct seller from the Asclepius Wellness on any youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as facebook, blogs, tweeter, etc.
That the Direct seller shall be legally abide with the terms and condition of the company as mentioned in Direct selling agreement and Direct selling Guidelines & Rules and Regulation.
That the Direct seller shall not promote or sell or marketing of all the products which are manufactured by Asclepius Wellness on any e-commerce portals without Asclepius Wellness prior written consent.
- For creating youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as facebook, blogs, twitter, etc. in the name of Asclepius Wellness to promote Asclepius or its Brand or promote/sell the product of Asclepius Wellness.
- To post or create Blogs on any youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as facebook, blogs, twitter, etc. in the name of Asclepius Wellness to promote Asclepius or its Brand or promote/sell the product of Asclepius Wellness.
- to host digital or virtual events in connection with the Asclepius Wellness Direct Retailer’s/Seller’s business.
- to record, and post video and audio of live Asclepius Wellness sponsored events on the channel in the name of Asclepius Wellness.
- Before-and-after testimonial images and videos
Code of Conduct for Marketing
The Code is and is deemed to be adopted and included in the Agreement between Asclepius Wellness Private Limited and the ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER . This code will apply to all persons involved in marketing and distribution of any product of the Asclepius Wellness Private Limited .
The Direct Selling Agent (ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER )/Direct Selling Team (DST)and its Tele-Marketing Executives (TMEs) & field sales personnel must agree to abide by this code prior to undertaking any direct marketing operation on behalf of Asclepius Wellness Private Limited .
Any Asclepius Direct Seller or his team or its staff found to be violating this code may be blacklisted and such action taken be reported to the Asclepius Wellness from time to time by the ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER . Failure to comply with this requirement may result in permanent termination of business of the ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER with Asclepius Wellness Private Limited.
A declaration to be obtained from team or staff by the ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER before assigning them their duties is annexed to this Code.
Tele-calling a Prospect (a prospective customer)
A prospect is to be contacted for sourcing a Asclepius Wellness product or Asclepius Wellness related product only under the following circumstances:
• When prospect has expressed a desire to acquire a product through any mode or has been referred to by another prospect/customer or is an existing customer of the Asclepius Wellness who has given consent for accepting calls on other products of the Asclepius Wellness .
• The Asclepius Direct Seller should not call a person whose name/number is flagged in any "do not disturb" list made available to him/her.
When you may contact a prospect on telephone
Telephonic contact must normally be limited between office time. However, it may be ensured that a prospect is contacted only when the call is not expected to inconvenience him/her.
Calls earlier or later than the prescribed time period may be placed only under the following conditions:
• When the prospect has expressly authorized to do so either in writing or orally
Can the prospect's interest be discussed with anybody else?
ASCLEPIUS DIRECT SELLER should respect a prospect's privacy. The prospect's interest may normally be discussed only with the prospect and any other individual/family member such as prospect's accountant/secretary /spouse, authorized by the prospect.
Leaving messages and contacting persons other than the prospect.
Calls must first be placed to the prospect. In the event the prospect is not available, a message may be left for him/her. The aim of the message should be to get the prospect to return the call or to check for a convenient time to call again. Ordinarily, such messages may be restricted to:
• Please leave a message that ______________ (Name of officer) representing Asclepius Wellness Private Limited called and requested to call back at __________ (phone number)".
As a general rule, the message must indicate:
• That the purpose of the call is regarding selling or distributing product of Asclepius Wellness
No misleading statements/misrepresentations permitted
Asclepius Direct Seller should not -
• Mislead the prospect on any service / product offered;
• Mislead the prospect about their business or organization's name, or falsely represent themselves.
• Make any false / unauthorised commitment on behalf of Asclepius Wellness Private Limited for any facility/service.
No calls prior to official hours unless specifically requested.
- No serial dialling
- Identify yourself, your Asclepius Wellness and your principal
- Request permission to proceed
- If denied permission, apologize and politely disconnect.
- State reason for your call
- Always offer to call back on landline, if call is made to a cell number
- Never interrupt or argue
- To the extent possible, talk in the language which is most comfortable to the prospect
- Keep the conversation limited to business matters
- Check for understanding of "Most Important Terms and Conditions" by the customer if he
plans to buy the product
- Reconfirm next call or next visit details
- Provide your telephone no, your name or your Asclepius Wellness officer contact details if asked for by the customer.
- Thank the customer for his/her time
- Customers who have expressed their lack of interest for the offering should not be called for the
next 3 months with the same offer
- Provide feedback to the Asclepius Wellness on customers who have expressed their desire to be flagged "Do
- Never call or entertain calls from customers regarding products already sold. Advise them to contact the Customer Service Staff of the Asclepius Wellness .
Precautions to be taken on visits/ contacts
Asclepius Direct Sellers should:
• Respect personal space - maintain adequate distance from the prospect.
• Not enter the prospect's residence/office against his/her wishes;
• Not visit in large numbers – possible whenever required.
• Respect the prospect's privacy.
• If the prospect is not present and only family members/office persons are present at the
time of the visit, he/she should end the visit with a request for the prospect to call back.
• Provide his/her telephone number, your's name, if asked for by the customer.
• Limit discussions with the prospect to the business - Maintain a professional distance.
Appearance & Dress Code
Asclepius Direct Seller’s must be appropriately dressed -
For men this means
- Well ironed trousers;
- Well ironed shirt, shirt sleeves preferably buttoned down.
For women this means
- Well ironed formal attire (Saree, Suit etc.);
- Well groomed appearance.
Jeans and/or T Shirt, open sandals are not considered appropriate.
Handling of letters & other communication
Any communication sent to the prospect should be only in the mode and format approved by the
1. Direct seller shall not use misleading, deceptive or unfair recruiting practices in their interaction with prospective or existing customers as well as other direct sellers
2. Promotional literature, advertisements and mailings shall not contain product descriptions, claims, photos or illustrations that are deceptive or misleading. Promotional literature shall contain the name and address or telephone number of the Asclepius Wellness and may include the telephone number of the Direct Seller
3. Asclepius Wellness prohibits Asclepius Direct Sellers from marketing to other Asclepius Direct Sellers any materials that are not approved by the Asclepius Wellness and that are inconsistent with Asclepius Wellness policies and procedures.
4. Asclepius Direct Sellers who sell Asclepius Wellness approved, legally allowed promotional or training materials, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form, shall
(i) offer only materials that comply with the same standards to which the Asclepius Wellness adheres.
(ii) be prohibited from making the purchase of such materials a requirement of other Direct Sellers.
(iii) provide sales aids at a reasonable and fair cost, without any significant profit to the direct seller, equivalent to similar material available.